CTRAN has a strong capability and in-depth experience across the full spectrum of governance approaches. This includes both ‘supply side’ in which we work with Government to strengthen technical capabilities; and ‘demand side’ where we work with private sector, civil society and grass root level to support in demanding better governance. The technical assistance that we provide also covers a very broad range of technical themes including work to improve how financial resources are managed; how public services are delivered; and how strategies for development are prepared and implemented. Our experience and current portfolio of governance work includes a variety of initiatives, from specialist assignments where small teams provide specific advice over a short time frame – to very large complex national Programmes working with State and Central Governments.
Delivery areas include functional review of the departments, zero-based investment review, process improvement, training and organizational development, fiscal reforms and budget management, public expenditure review. CTRAN is an empaneled Technical Support Institution (TSI) and has been engaged by the Planning and Coordination Dept. Govt. of Orissa since 2008 in the preparation of Comprehensive and Annual District Plan for Jharsuguda, Kalahandi, Nuapada, Cuttack, Ganjam and Sundargarh districts of Orissa.
- Preparation of Comprehensive and Annual District Plan, BRGF Plan
- Supporting the development of the Government’s decentralization strategy and administration
- Improving financial management through perspective district planning
- Providing policy advice on governance
- Supporting the roll-out of Results Based Management in all Local Authorities
- Development of Stakeholder Engagement Strategy
- Development and application of service delivery tools and strategies
- Institutional development and capacity building
- Fiscal and administrative decentralization